Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cut Both Ways by Carrie Mesrobian

Stand alone or series: Stand alone
Source: Received this from Harperteen for review
Format: ARC (Comes out 9/1/15)



Review

First off I would like to thank HarperTeen for sending me this book for review. As always, my thoughts are 100% MINE also, all links will be down below. 

Cut Both Ways was one of my most anticipated books of the year. So when I had the chance to review it I jumped at the chance and I was SO happy that I got a arc, that’s about where the good in this experience ends. Grab some popcorn kiddos because it is time for a rant.

1) Will felt so disconnected from everything, he had no emotion, even when something big happened. It made the book extremely boring.

 2) The author was trying too hard to sound like a male narrator. This book just had so many inappropriate and unneeded scenes. 

3) This book sets horrible examples. Will has sex numerous times throughout the book and does he use protection once? Nope. If your going to include sex in a YOUNG ADULT book, you should push the need for safe sex. Will doesn’t have to deal with any consequences after he had unprotected sex, and that is not always true in real life and teens need to realize that.

The only good thing I have to say about this book is that it was a quick read. I read it in 2 hours. Other than that, I don't recommend this book.

Page Count: 352 pages
Starred Rating: 1.5 Stars
Publisher: HarperTeen

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23871110-cut-both-ways

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062349880

This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment