Tuesday, May 12, 2015

April 2015 Wrap-Up

This is a wrap up of all the books I've read in April! I had a really great reading month; I read 15 books and I’m really happy with that. I won’t be going into too much detail since there is so much to cover. Some books I have full-length reviews on, and the ones I have I will link down below.


The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #2)

The Golden Lily is the second book in the Bloodlines series.While I didn't love Bloodlines I liked this one a lot better.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars





The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #3)

The Indigo Spell is the third book in the Bloodlines series, and I absolutely loved it. I loved how it merged magic into it as well.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8709526-the-indigo-spell

Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Indigo-Spell-Bloodlines-Novel/dp/159514613X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430415596&sr=8-1&keywords=The+indigo+spell






None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio

Okay, I admit it, I wasn't going to read this because it was about something I don’t know too much about. However, I got the opportunity and I remembered that one of my goals this year was to read more diverse books. So, I started the book and LOVED it.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars








Life Before Legend by Marie Lu

I really liked this. I really loved Day’s story, but I wasn't really a big fan of June’s. However, overall I think it would be a really great read if you are a fan of the Legend trilogy.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars









Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi
I don't really have much to say about this. I just didn't really like it.

Starred Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars









Awakening by Shannon Duffy

I received this from Entangled Teen, and in exchange I'll give it an honest review.

I really loved this book, I’m not going to say much about it because I have a (spoiler free) review which you can check out at the link below.

Starred Rating: 4 out of 5 stars









Prodigy by Marie Lu (Legend #2)

I've had a tough time with Prodigy. I started it about two years ago and I was really loving it, then in the middle it kind of got boring so I stopped reading it and then I had to return it to the library.

Then, last December I bought the Legend box set and I picked it up again, got bored and then I put it down once again. And then this month I made myself power through it so I can finish the trilogy.

I didn't love it as much as Legend, but I didn’t despise it.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars










Champion by Marie Lu (Legend #3)

So when I got to Champion, I didn't have very high expectations, but I absolutely LOVED it. I think it is one of my favorites, if not my favorite series finale, and that end made me want so much more!

Starred Rating: 5 out of 5 stars









Altered by Jennifer Rush

I really loved Altered. With only about 330 pages and fast-paced writing, I flew through this book in a night and it made me eager to start the sequel.

Starred Rating: 4 out of 5 stars


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Altered-Jennifer-Rush/dp/0316197092/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430499149&sr=1-1&keywords=altered+jennifer+rush









Impulse by Ellen Hopkins

I have seen Ellen Hopkins's books around for years and I've wanted to read a book of her’s for years, but I was always intimidated by her writing style. While it does take a while to get the hang of it, it is really a amazing book.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars










The fiery heart by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines #4)

At first I had a hard time getting into this because this book is in Duo- Perspectives and that was hard to get used to but once I got through that I flew through it in two hours.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars















Erased by Jennifer Rush (Altered #2)

I was really excited to read this after Altered and it didn't disappoint.

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Erased-Altered-Jennifer-Rush/dp/0316197149/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430924535&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=ereased+jennifer+rush













First Kill by Heather Brewer

Going into this I didn't really have very high expectations because it is middle grade and in the past I could never get into middle grade. But, I was instantly enthralled in this world and read it in one sitting.

Starred Rating: 4 out of 5 stars







The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Anyone that really knows me knows that The Fault in Our Stars is my favorite book. So I was cleaning my room one day and I decided to listen to the audio-book that I bought a couple of months ago and I loved every minute of it.

Starred Rating: 5 out of 5 stars


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Fault-Our-Stars-John-Green/dp/014242417X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430925326&sr=1-1&keywords=the+fault+in+our+stars






Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines is the first book in the Vampire Academy spin off series and of course I loved it.

Starred Rating: 4.5 of of 5 stars


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bloodlines-Richelle-Mead/dp/1595144730/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430925499&sr=1-1&keywords=bloodlines








No comments:

Post a Comment