Monday, April 27, 2015

Prodigy by Marie Lu

Stand Alone or Series: 2nd book in the Legend Trilogy
Source: Amazon.com
Format: Print



Summary

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.
It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

Review

Note: This review will contain slight spoilers for Legend as well as Prodigy so go read these wonderful books and then come back and discuss all of the things! 

                   What I liked..... (Besides the obvious, June and Day)

Kaede: We get to see Kaede in this book. I know that some people are a little wary about her but for some reason I love her as a character and I’m glad we got to see her.

The Tunnel Scene: I loved this scene because it shows that Day and June are real people. They pick fights and they have flaws.

What I didn't like....

Tess: I actually loved Tess in Legend but in Prodigy she was just really whiny and desperate to win Day’s heart. I kind of just wish Marie Lu would just kill her off already.

Anden: I can see why people like Anden because he is nice, and I think he really cares about June. I just didn’t like him because Day is obviously a better match for her, and I was just eager to see June and Day be together.


Even though I didn’t love Prodigy as much as Legend, it was still a really great book overall. I forgot to mention in the beginning of this review that it took me two years on and off to read this because I just found a couple of the chapters in the middle to be really boring and I never got around to trying to read it again until now. So if you’re in the place that I was in, I encourage you to fight through it because it is definitely worth the read.

What did you think of Prodigy? Let me know in the comments below!

Page Count: 371 Pages

Starred Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile








This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment