Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Last Sacrifice By Richelle Mead

Stand Alone or Series: 6th and final book in the Vampire Academy series
Source: Public Library
Format: Print


Summary 
They come first.

My vision was growing dimmer, the blackness and ghosts closing in. I swore it was like I could hear Robert whispering in my ear: The world of the dead won't give you up a second time. Just before the light completely vanished, I saw Dimitri's face join Lissa's. I wanted to smile. I decided then that if the two people I loved most were safe, I could leave this world.

The dead could finally have me.


Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose - for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back...and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is; when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?

Review

I don't know what it is about Mead's writing style and the world she has created, but I get completely sucked into the story. This particular vampire world is so unique, and I loved it. I just could not draw myself away. There is so much that goes on in the story, leaving no room for boring scenes.

Rose disappointed me a little bit in this book. Don't get me wrong, I love Rose. She is an incredible strong and ballsy character who is willing to take insane risks and sacrifice herself for others, however her relationship with Dimitri in this book brought out a side of Rose that I cannot commend. The main action I am referring to (which I will not explain, so as not to spoil the story) resulted in me losing some respect for Rose. I still think she is an amazing character, but what she did was unfair to one party, which I love.

I loved Lissa's development in this book. After having Rose taken away from her and put into a very dangerous position, Lissa really grows a backbone and works toward finding a solution to Rose's situation. She is really strong throughout this book, and her intellect shines through as well, in the challenges she faces. 

The ending was good and bad. I liked where Rose had ended up, but I feel it was a little sugar-coated on her side, and then a lot of the side characters were ignored. I really want to know what happened to everyone else! And I guess that is a main reason for me wanting to get into Bloodlines (Which I am reading right now).

Page Count: 594 Pages
Starred Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Publisher: RazorBill



Goodreads status updates

03/29marked as:currently-reading
03/29page 98
16.0%"I've been spoiled on *Spoiler Alert* that jailbate. Is Lissa's half sister so that kind of ruined that part but I can't wait to follow her and Sydney and Adrian in the bloodlines series and I'm really really excited to find out who killed the Queen B,Tatiana.Hoping to finish this book Friday and start bloodlines very soon"
03/29page 163
27.0%
03/30page 425
71.0%"I don't think I've read this much in this short of a period in a while.This book is of course giving me all of the feels and while I'm really excited to finish this book I'm also terrified to leave these characters.im hoping to finish this book tonight or maybe I will just try to spread it out until tomorrow we will just have to see "
03/30marked as:read

This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment