Monday, July 6, 2015

A Work In Progress by Connor Franta


Stand Alone or Series:  Stand alone (it's a memoir) 
Source: Public Library
Format: Print
22886113


Summary

In this intimate memoir of life beyond the camera, Connor Franta shares the lessons he has learned on his journey from small-town boy to Internet sensation so far.

Here, Connor offers a look at his Midwestern upbringing as one of four children in the home and one of five in the classroom; his struggles with identity, body image and his decision to finally pursue his creative and artistic passions in his early twenties, setting up his thrilling career as a YouTube personality, philanthropist, entrepreneur, and tastemaker.

Exploring his past with insight and humor, his present with humility, and his future with hope, Connor reveals his private struggles while providing heartfelt words of wisdom for young adults. His words will resonate with anyone coming of age in the digital era, but at the core is a timeless message for people of all ages: don't be afraid to be yourself and to go after what you truly want.

This full-color collection includes photography and childhood clippings provided by Connor and is a must-have for anyone inspired by his journey.

Review

First of all I feel like I need to point out that I really like Connor Franta and I love his YouTube Channel. So you would imagine that I would really love this book, me too but unfortunately I was wrong.

The first thing I noticed about this book was the beautiful artwork and pictures in this novel. They are very artistic and they really give incite on who Connor is and what his passions are. 

One of the reasons A Work In Progress was disappointing is because I couldn't connect with it at all. Connor is a YouTube sensation, millionaire and a business mobile so you can probably see why I couldn't connect with it. 

I also found some of the entries/chapters to be boring. I found myself skipping chapters because I didn't really care about that subject so it turned out I only read about 10 of the chapters.

I recommend this book to fans of Connor Franta or for people just looking for a decent memoir to read. 

Page count: 212 pages
Starred Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Publisher: Atria/Keywords Press

         
         Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Work-Progress

This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment