Saturday, June 13, 2015

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Stand Alone or Series: First book in the Slammed trilogy
Source: Public Library
Format: Print


Summary 
Layken's father died suddenly, leaving her to gather every ounce of strength to be a pillar for her family, in order to prevent their world from falling apart. Now her life is taking another unexpected turn...

Layken's mother gets a job which leads to an unwanted move across the country. However, a new home means new neighbours... and Layken's new neighbour is the very attractive Will Cooper.

Will has an intriguing passion for slam poetry, and a matching passion for life. The two feel an irresistible attraction but are rocked to the core when a shocking revelation brings their romance to a screeching halt. Layken and Will must find a way to fight the forces that threaten to tear them apart...or learn to live without each other.
 

Review

Slammed  is Colleen Hoover's first book (originally self published but later on Colleen Hoover was signed on with Simon and Schuster) and I could honestly not tell that this was her first novel because personally I think this is one of the best literary works of all time. 

I read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover around January of last year and I absolutely loved it. I have been wanting to start another book by her but I just never had the chance to. But one day I was browsing my To-read shelf on Goodreads and I saw this one. I was a little wary about it because it is about slam poetry and I personally am not a big fan of it.To put it simple, this book blew me away.

Colleen Hoover has never had any trouble immersing me into the world she has created, and I am always rooting for her characters and I'm wanting them to succeed in everything they do. While Slammed is a very sad story I think readers will still enjoy this book even if they don't exactly like quote on quote 'sad' books because Hoover also does a great job of adding a lot of lightheartedness and really likable characters. 

Slammed is now one of my favorite books of all time. Go read it. Now.

Page count: 321 pages 
Starred rating: 5 out of 5 stars (obviously)
Publisher: Simon and Schuster 



Goodreads status updates
08/16marked as:to-read
05/07marked as:currently-reading
05/07page 21
6.0%"Don't know how I feel about it....
but i'm sure i'm going to love it because come on its freaking Colleen Hoover"
05/07page 234
72.0%"How is colleen hoover human?? Hope to finish this tonight"
05/07marked as:read
05/07page 234
72.0%"WHY MUST COLLEEN HOOVER DO THIS TO ME"

This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment