Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Stand alone or series: First book in the Bloodlines series
Source: Public library
Format: Print



WARNING! THE SUMMARY OF THIS BOOK AND MY REVIEW WILL SPOIL YOU ON THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES. COME BACK AFTER READING THAT SERIES!!

Summary

The first book in Richelle Mead's New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series 

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. 

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire academy series so addictive--this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

Review

If you didn't already know, I LOVE the Vampire Academy series. So it would make since that I would be extremely excited to read Bloodlines right? Well, it didn't disappoint.

Bloodlines takes place almost right after the events of the last Vampire Academy book Last Sacrifice. And I loved this because the characters didn't change because of it being 10 years in the future. 

Sydney really annoyed me in this book. She was always like "Oh poor me, I have to be around morioi all the time" at least it's not stragoi Sydney. But I know that she will obviously become better as the books go on.

And I loved the side characters. I love how they weren't just pushed to the side and I loved how they all got the screen time they deserved. I definitely see something going on between Jill and Eddie.
I can't finish this review without talking about Adrian. I will be the first to say that I didn't love him in the Vampire Academy as much as everyone else did but in BloodLines I started to love and respect him as a character. He is just so complex and I'm really excited to learn more about him and a little but more about his past in the later books.

Page count: 421 pages
Starred rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Publisher: Razorbill



Goodreads status updates


marked as:to-read

marked as:currently-reading

page 29
6.0%

page 300
71.0%"I haven't read this frequently in a while,while I'm not liking bloodlines as much as Vampire Academy I am still loving it and I can't put it down.Show finish by tomorrow I already have the sequel on my shelf all ready to go"

marked as:
read



This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment