Monday, March 16, 2015

The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher (Mini Review)

Stand Alone or Series: Stand Alone
Source: I received this for review from Scholastic 
Format: Print


Summary

Ashlee Parker is dead, and Emily Shepherd's dad is accused of the crime. A former soldier suffering from PTSD, he emerges from the woods carrying the girl's broken body. "Gone," he says, then retreats into silence.

What really happened that wild night? Emily knows in her bones that her father is innocent -- isn't he? Before he's convicted, she's got to find out the truth. Does Damon Hilary, Ashlee's charismatic boyfriend, have the answers? Or is he only playing games with her -- the kinds of games that can kill?
 

Review

First of all, let me say that I loved Lucy Christopher's book Stolen so I was really excited to read this. And when the people at Scholastic accepted my request to receive it I couldn't wait to dive into the story.

Honestly, I was kind of disappointed. I felt like the characters weren't fleshed out enough and therefore I didn't really care about what had happened to them. And the "mystery" of the whole story was just way too predictable. Even though I didn't love this book, I would still recommend it because maybe it's  just not for me.

Page Count: 369 Pages
Starred Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Publisher: Scholastic



This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.



1 comment:

  1. I was really excited to read this book....

    ReplyDelete