Monday, June 22, 2015

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead (Spoiler review)



Stand Alone or Series: Sixth and final book in the Bloodlines series
Source: Public Library
Format: Print
 The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)


Summary

THEY WILL BE TESTED

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

Their forbidden romance exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s bestselling Bloodlines series.

When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, she and Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world and alter their lives forever.

Don't miss their unforgettable final chapter...

LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL
 

Review

The Ruby Circle was very anticipated for me. The last book in the Vampire Academy series Last Sacrifice was my favorite book in that series, so you could understand that I expected to love this all the same but I didn't, but that still doesn't mean I still didn't enjoy it. 

The length of this book was simply just too short. This was only 348 pages, the shortest of all of the books in the series. And I personally would have LOVED if it was about 600 pages. Because it was so short, I felt like the events in the end were too rushed and I felt like not much happened in this book.

Now that we have all the bad crap out of the way it is now time for me to gush. This might get a little crazy. 

One thing I really loved was that Rose and Dimitri was in the majority of this book. It was nice to see our characters kick butt all together and I loved that so much. I am a little dissapointed that Christian didn't show up at all in this book but I'm hoping that we will get to see a lot more of him in the future if Richelle Mead writes about life at court because of course I want more of this world.

Another thing I loved was the epilogue!! It was amazing to see Adrian and Sydney as parents to Declan and seeing the relationship between Jill and Eddie.

While I was sad to leave this world, I am so excited to see what will come next! 

Page Count: 348 pages
Starred Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Publisher: Razorbill



Goodreads status updates


marked as:currently-reading

25.0%"can't wait to finish this series!"

50.0%"Don't think I will like this as much as the others, maybe a 4 star rating but we will see"

marked as:read


This is not a sponsored review unless explicitly stated. All opinions expressed in this review belong to me and all products were purchased by me unless otherwise stated. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. SHE BETTER WRITE OTHER BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Not the best book in the series but still a great series overall!

    ReplyDelete